We're looking for a PhD student who is completing or has completed their PhD in the last 12 months.
Reports to: Team / Tech Lead (or designate)
Hours of work: Full-time (6 month fixed term contract with the possibility to go full time)
We’re looking for a PhD graduate (or a student who is about to graduate) with experience in the AI / Machine Learning field. AI is a core part of our product and what we do. We have a number of ongoing initiatives to improve the quality, efficiency and capability of our conversational AI platform.
- Enhance our existing AI components
- Investigate new approaches and technologies that we can use to improve our
- Be part of new feature development
- Be part of our ongoing education and improvement culture by facilitating
educational sessions through the company around various AI / Machine Learning topics
This is an awesome opportunity to join a growing team where you’ll be working
with the Engineering team (and the wider organisation) to help us deliver amazing
customer experiences. We have a roadmap and it’s full of exciting features for you
to work on.
You’ll get to work on bleeding-edge features that will be technically challenging, rewarding and exciting.
We don’t believe in micromanagement - we believe in empowering our Engineering team to collaborate and be the tech experts. You’ll be a tech expert at Ambit and you’ll have the opportunity to step up, own solutions and help improve our development practices and the technologies that we use.
We have a culture of innovation and exploring ideas to make our product even more awesome.
There’s also the standard cool stuff like a central Auckland office, flexible working hours and home office, company breakfasts, company events, having your birthday off, a wellness bonus and a phone plan subsidy.
This is a diverse and rewarding role and you’ll also be actively involved in:- Working on projects to improve the quality, efficiency and capability of our conversational AI components.
For this role we’re looking for someone with the following knowledge and skills:
- AI / Machine Learning
-Experience/knowledge around GPT-based technologies and models
- Experience in the field of conversational AI would be great (but not essential)
- Python experience
It would also be great if you had experience in some of the following technologies:
- AWS (in particular SageMaker, Lambda etc)
- SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. Mongo, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL etc
To succeed in this role you’ll need to be:
- A kind person who believes in building respectful relationships with the people they work with.
- A team player - teamwork is vital given the intimate nature of Ambit. This is a
highly collaborative role and we firmly believe that when we all work closely
together, we help our customers to succeed.
- Someone who gets excited about challenges, possibilities, new ideas and opportunities - we’re looking for someone who wants to get actively involved in helping to improve our product and systems.
- Someone who has a genuine understanding of why customers are important.
Simply fill out the form below and upload your CV. We'll be in touch with you soon.