Reports to: Head of Engineering (or designate)
Hours of work: Full-time
Overview of Role
Our mission in Engineering is to be the tech experts that support the success of our customers. We do this by adding lots of cool stuff to our product, supporting customer projects and implementations and ensuring the ongoing stability, scalability and security of our product and systems.
This is an awesome opportunity to join a growing team where you’ll be working with the Engineering team (and the wider organisation) to help us deliver amazing customer experiences. We have a roadmap and it’s full of exciting features for you to work on.
What's in it for you?
You’ll get to work on bleeding edge features that will be technically challenging, rewarding and exciting.
We don’t believe in micromanagement - we believe in empowering our Engineering team to collaborate and be the tech experts. You’ll be a tech expert at Ambit and you’ll have the opportunity to step up, own solutions and help improve our development practices and the technologies that we use.
We have a culture of innovation and exploring ideas to make our product even more awesome.
There’s also the standard cool stuff like a central Auckland office, flexible working hours and home office, fresh fruit, ice cream Wednesday, fortnightly company breakfasts, company events, having your birthday off, a wellness bonus and a phone plan subsidy.
What you'll be doing
This is a diverse and rewarding role and you’ll also be actively involved in:
- Designing and building a best-in-class web experience for designers and operators of conversational user experiences for chatbots.
- Leading the evaluation and selection of front end tools and technologies.
- Finding novel technical solutions for bleeding-edge UX challenges.
- Writing and delivering features in our roadmap.
- Carrying out Proof of Concepts to explore and test new ideas.
- Providing training and support to other Engineers around key technologies, patterns and best practices.
- Providing feedback, advice and recommendations on our codebase, development and QA practices and technology choices.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on our technical strategy.
- Working with our Customer Success team to provide recommendations and advice for customer projects.
- Helping to evaluate new technology alternatives and vendor products / services.
- Working with the team to troubleshoot and resolve bugs and issues.
- Writing and maintaining automated tests.
- Propose and implement strategies to eliminate and mitigate risks in our development practices.
- Create and contribute to technical design discussions and strategies with the wider Engineering team.
What technical skills are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be experienced in the following technologies:
- ReactJS and Redux
- Scripting languages (such as Bash, Python etc)
It would also be great if you had the following skills and experience (these aren't critical though):
- AWS (e.g. VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, CodeDeploy, CloudFront, S3 etc)
- Experience in setting up and managing test automation frameworks
- Setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines and tooling
What are we looking for in you as a person?
To succeed in this role you’ll need to be:
- A kind person who believes in building respectful relationships with the people they work with.
- A team player - teamwork is vital given the intimate nature of Ambit. This is a highly collaborative role and we firmly believe that when we all work closely together, we help our customers to succeed.
- Someone who gets excited about challenges, possibilities, new ideas and opportunities - we’re looking for someone who wants to get actively involved in helping to improve our product and systems.
- Someone who has a genuine understanding of why customers are important.
** This role is only open to New Zealand residents. Overseas applications will not be considered.